Faculty have the option to use either paper on on-line evaluations in assessing their courses. For on-line course evaluations, we use a system called “CoursEval.” Our goal is to make this option as accessible and flexible as possible!
*** THIS SERVER and URL HAVE BEEN CHANGED as of October 2016. ***
PLEASE USE THIS NEW LINK and BOOKMARK for your convenience.
Link to Faculty and Student CoursEval Portal Login:
Online CoursEval Steps:
1. Let us (Cynthia Bernardy) know that you want to use online evaluations by completing this survey
(for the optional Midterm Evaluations, please send email to email@example.com with course name, number, and section):
FALL 2016 Online CoursEval Registration (via Qualtrics):
(registration link will be posted mid-November)
Tell us which courses you want to assess online, and which forms you want to use.
* All FYSM sections will be automatically assigned to the FYS Survey (required). *
(Note: This is not an automated system – please allow time for your CoursEval surveys to be manually set up.)
2. Our standard CoursEval survey window will be the Monday of the last week of classes, and close on the last day of exams each semester. If you would like different start and end times (within the standard survey window), you may do that from the login screen (see tutorial for help on that). Please note that if you choose to use custom times, you will need to provide the CoursEval link (above) to your students.
3. You are welcome to customize your survey with additional questions from our CoursEval Question Bank. To do this, log onto the site and select up to five additional questions from the list.
(NOTE: If there is a key survey question that you would like to use and it is not already listed, you can request that we add another question. Please keep additional questions simple and generic, so that our Question Bank does not become unwieldy and so that the questions will be applicable for the majority of our faculty!)
4. After the results are in, the results will be shared with TS&T and your chair unless you indicate “NO” (at the bottom of the CoursEval report) by the submission deadline.
5. Add your reflections directly into the CoursEval comment box, if you would like – or, if not, please indicate (in that box) that you will be sending your comments/reflections directly to Dottie Sines.