The following questions are available as extra questions on surveys. Please send me additional questions that you think should be available.
How do I add extra questions? Instructions can be found at this link: Adding Extra Questions
I. General Course Questions
- How effective were the group projects in meeting the goals of this course?
- How effective were the writing assignments in meeting the goals of this course?
- How effective were the labs in meeting the goals of this course?
- This course helped me improve my skills in writing.
- This course helped me improve my skills in oral communication.
- This course helped me improve my skills in understanding data.
- The goals and expectations of the course were made clear.
- The course challenged me in new ways.
- What advice would you give to future students in this course?
- Are there any lecture topics that you would like to have seen added or dropped?
- Which of the modules of the course would you rate most highly in terms of its effectiveness?
- Evaluate the lab in terms of its relationship to the lecture portion of the course.
- What course activities or assignments were most useful and why?
- In what ways was the professor helpful?
- In what ways could the course improve?
- What did you learn as a result of your field placement?
- What was helpful about the field observations/feedback you received from your professor?
- In what ways could the professor improve the field observation/feedback?
- Given the amount of credit received for this course, the work required was: (much too light…much too heavy)
- What material or skills could have been taught differently or taught better?
II. Student Performance Questions
- Approximately how many hours per week outside of class time did you devote to this course?
- I did my best to participate fully in this class.
- I put forth sufficient time outside of class to succeed.
- What grade do you anticipate receiving in this class?
- What grade do you anticipate earning in this course?
- How has this course improved your writing?
- What knowledge or skills–such as conducting research–have you developed from taking this course?
- What material or skills did you learn the most effectively in this class?
III. Additional FYS Questions
- The instructor stimulated thought and/or discussion about the topic.
- The instructor creates an atmosphere in class such that students feel free to ask questions, disagree and express their ideas.
- The instructor respects students, recognizing their dignity and integrity.
- The instructor made effective use of class time.
- What do you consider to be the strengths of this instructor?
- What do you consider to be the weaknesses of this instructor?
- I would rate the instructor’s overall performance in this course as: (poor to excellent)
- Explain your answer to: I would rate the instructor’s overall performance in this course as: